Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ravisanga

I was really wanting some lasagna yesterday, but didn't have ricotta cheese in my fridge, so I thought, "Hey! I have cheese ravioli....why can't that work?!"  So I tried it, and it does!! It was even something Bubba could help with, which I always Love (and so does he). Here's it goes:
To make a 9x13 pan
1 1/2 pkg cheese Ravioli
1 1/2 jar Spaghetti sauce
3 links turkey sausage (remove case and cook to a crumble)
Shredded cheese to top

Boil ravioli until they just start to pop to the surface. You don't want to boil them for the full 7-10 mins as directed on pkg otherwise you will end up with mushy raviolis and that makes it hard to layer, and wont make for a very good ravisagna

Layer sauce

Ravioli
the reason some are different colors is because my 1/2 pkg was mushroom ravioli.

Crumbled turkey sausage, more sauce,

One more layer of ravioli and sauce, top with cheese
Bake at 350 for 30 mins.

Let it set for 15 mins before cutting

The nice part about this is, it's easy, fast, very kid friendly, and pretty inexpensive. You can cut it like a regular lasagna or scoop it out, depending on how you put the ravioli down they will be on top of each other for optimal scoopage!  It taste just like Lasagna! Enjoy

1 comment: