Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Smokey Bacon and Cheesy Mac

I LOVE this stuff!! I made it for our little Bear's 2nd Bday and fell in love! I was so proud of my self because this is an original Recipe, and I.ROCKED.IT.
Keep in mind. I made this for 11 people. Adjust amounts according to what will fit your family.

1 22oz Bag of Large Elbow Macaroni
6 Strips of Bacon
3 Tbl Butter
1-2 C. Milk
1/2 lb Colby Jack Cheese -Grated
8 oz Smoked Mozzarella Cheese -Grated

Cook and Strain Macaroni. I had to cook mine in 2 batches because I don't have a pot big enough to accommodate such a HUGE amount of noodles. While it sits in the strainer I also like to put a Tbl of butter in with the noodles so that they don't stick together (you could also drizzle them with Olive Oil and get the same effect)
Cook Bacon in a Large pot.

When the bacon is all crispy and  yummy looking, Add Butter and flour.

After a minute or 2 slowly add milk while stirring

When you've added enough milk (I never measure this step so I honestly have no clue how much milk I used) to make a sauce consistency Add the cheese
I added all the cheese except for about 1 c Colby Jack and 1/2 c. Smoked Mozzarella

Add noodles, Stir. Pour into Baking dish and sprinkle with remaining Cheese

Bake at 350 for 15 mins, or until cheese is all melty and gooey!

The best part about this dish is that it can be made the day before. When you hit the baking stage, Instead of putting it in the over, cover it with tin-foil and stick it in the refrigerator. When you're ready to cook, Bake in a 350 oven for 30 mins with foil on, remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 mins!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. YUM. YUM YUM YUM. Sonja, you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Looks amazing and you are so professional :) Pictures and everything! Hoping to give it a try soon!!!

    ReplyDelete