Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oatmeal Banana Cake

This is AMAZING!!! It is my new favorite way to use up banana's that are getting a little too ripe. It is delicious, It's pretty, it's healthy and it's something I don't mind letting my kids eat all they want of!! AWESOME!!!
I started with THIS recipe from A Pinch of Joy
and altered it a bit to make it my own.

Here is what I ended up with.
  • 1.5 cups flour 
  • 1 C. Oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • ½ cup applesauce, sugar free or no sugar added
  • ¾ cup honey
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 ripe / overripe bananas, mashed
  1. Preheat oven and lightly grease a 9x13 cake pan
  2. Mix together applesauce and honey.
  3. Mash bananas. Overripe bananas work well for this purpose.
  4. Add bananas and eggs to applesauce and honey mixture and mix until well blended.
  5. Add flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt at the same time – do NOT stir ingredients in one at a time. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
  6. Divide batter evenly between the two prepared pans.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
  8. Let cake cool 5-10 minutes in the pan and then cut into squares and enjoy!!
Gary helped me make this and it turned out so delicious!!! Love it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment