I started with THIS recipe from A Pinch of Joy
and altered it a bit to make it my own.
Here is what I ended up with.
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 C. Oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ cup applesauce, sugar free or no sugar added
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe / overripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven and lightly grease a 9x13 cake pan
- Mix together applesauce and honey.
- Mash bananas. Overripe bananas work well for this purpose.
- Add bananas and eggs to applesauce and honey mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt at the same time – do NOT stir ingredients in one at a time. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide batter evenly between the two prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cake cool 5-10 minutes in the pan and then cut into squares and enjoy!!